- Turnkey Systems
- Mechanical Engineering
- Installation and Field Services
- Custom Equipment & Fabrication Services
- Laser Cutting Services
Electrical Engineering and Controls
Can Lines Engineering recognizes that product flow must be smooth and efficient on a packaging line, while at the same time preventing package damage. To accomplish this, CLE starts with a well thought out and designed electrical control system that is co-designed with our mechanical engineering solution, to give a solid foundation to your packaging needs. Our electrical engineers, technicians, and designers have over 30 years of experience providing seamless integration of conveyance systems with packaging machines (depalletizers, fillers, inspection systems, labelers, packers, palletizers). Whether this involves all new conveyance and packaging equipment, existing / relocated equipment or used equipment, CLE’s electrical department is fully capable of providing a controls solution to tailor fit any need or level of automation the customer may require. These intelligent controls provide flexibility and ease of operation / maintainability, while providing reliable and highly efficient solutions to get products to market for the food and beverage, dairy, pulp and paper, consumer products and pharmaceutical industries.
Can Lines Engineering’s electrical team brings work experience from OEM’s, manufacturers, and end users. This diverse team has the capabilities to provide the following services:
- Line Controls Design: CLE will design the electrical system to our customer’s specifications / standards or can design the system to incorporate industry proven, reliable and cost effective electrical components
- OEM Equipment Integration: CLE has a vast working relationship with all of the major OEM packaging equipment manufacturers to allow us to effectively and efficiently get product to and from all machine centers resulting in optimum throughput
- Control Panel Design: CLE designs all control panels for all NEMA ratings in house to the latest industry standards (UL508A, ESA/CSA, Hazardous Location, CE marking, NFPA79, UL Certification). All panels are built, tested, and fully configured prior to shipping
- Line Control Programming: CLE is highly experienced in programming a multitude of PLC platforms such as Allen-Bradley ControlLogix (safety and regular), Compactlogix, Micrologix, SLC, and PLC-5 or in Modicon Quantum, 984 Series, Micro or Compact platforms
- Operator Interface programming: CLE is fully capable of programming a wide range of HMI platforms that include Allen-Bradley FactoryTalk View, Wonderware InTouch, and Automation Direct C-More.
- Plant Network design: CLE can engineer new or integrating into existing ControlNet, Device Net, Ethernet I/P, Modbus, Modbus Plus, DH+, Wireless or Access/SQL networks
- Motor Control Design: CLE packaging designs incorporate the latest in variable frequency drive (VFD) and servo technology.
- Documentation Preparation:
- Electrical packaging layouts, control panel designs, and schematics in the latest AutoCAD or Microstation format.
- Construction (Installation) Work Package
- Safety Risk Analysis and Safety Circuit Design
- Short Circuit Current Rating Analysis (SCCR)
- Arc Flash Analysis
- Utility Calculations
- Description of Operation (DOO) Documentation
- On-Site construction management, checkout, start up, commissioning, and training services
CLE is a member of Rockwell Automation’s OEM Machine Builder Program. Our engineers interact with Rockwell Automation for new products and design reviews to insure the best automation solution is provided. Participation in this program also gives us direct access to the best Rockwell Automation technical support engineers.
Can Lines Engineering combines extensive electrical engineering capabilities with the latest in technology and control devices to bring optimum results for material handling systems. Our team has integrated, installed, programmed, and improved thousands of control systems across multiple industries and multiple control platforms. We understand the control strategies that are necessary for an efficient operation and are leading in regards to the modern day need for the plant floor operations to communicate with the operations of the business at a much higher level.